Friday, June 29, 2012

What is it

about being at the gas station 15 minutes before you have to be at work that just pumps you up for the day? -No pun intended
Does anyone else get that feeling? It's like this good feeling seeing everyone else stop to run in and get their coffee or breakfast to get their day going that makes me feel better and gives me this 'Okay, time to seize the day' vibe. Like a realization that takes me back out of my own world to remind me of how much more there is around me, and it motivates me to give the day my best and keep my attitude positive.

I love that feeling; how we can feel so deep in our own lives and issues and relationships, then something as simple as walking around downtown in a crowd of people or staring at the ocean just kinda puts your life on pause and it hits you that there's a whole world out there that has absolutely nothing to do with you (in a good way, of course). A world full of people with their own different issues that make you grateful for the ones you have, because then your problems seem like nothing compared to theirs; or standing on the beach and letting the water touch your toes, reminds you of how small you are in this big world and how much more potential adventure awaits your future. Sometimes when I'm standing there digging my toes in the sand and letting the waves wash it off, I can't help but think that someone on the very opposite end of that ocean is doing the same exact thing, wondering what life is like on my end. It's this immense feeling that pushes me to keep a good outlook on life and keeps me humble even when I feel like my life is crashing down.

So I guess it's good to have those bad mornings; the mornings when you know you should've filled up on gas the night before, but you were too lazy to, so you're then forced to be an extra 8 minutes late (even though you're already running 15 minutes late). But don't stress it... People watch, study your surroundings and let that remind you to be passionate about what you do have and how great you have it 'cause it could be gone in a split second.


Passion rebuilds the world for the youth. 
It makes all things alive and significant.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson-

2 comments: