Thursday, August 18, 2011

Summer Blues

Hello there! No, I haven't forgotten I started this blog, I've just been in a bit of an emo / "summer blues" mood the last couple of weeks for various reasons. Some of which include: Summer almost being over, monetary shortage issues, hitting that "I'm 25 and at the bar at 10:30AM, WTF am I doing with my life?" and I don't want to grow up, I'm a Toys'R'Us kid stage. Well the other day I was scolded by a friend for not writing recently and how "The perfect time to blog is when you're down, it makes for dark humor".... No thanks Daria. I do what I want!! I find it better to share thoughts and feelings with others when I'm happy and annoying, rather than feel like I'm spreading emo feelings across the web.

*Bell dings and I switch to Upward Facing Dog*

Now back to lovely thoughts, most of my close friends know that this Summer I've had an obsession with the color Blue. Blue nail poish in about 5 different shades that I've worn repeatedly, blue peacock necklaces, blue skies to sit under & soak up the scorching AZ sun (with a blue bottle of sunscreen handy), blue shirts that I feel compliment my skin tone, and now...

wait for it...


Blue shoes.
-Commence drooling
http://www.payless.com/

Now with Summer coming to an end and everyone returning to their boring "work, school, eat, sleep" schedules, I felt saddened because I thought all the fun was over and I'd have to go back to being a responsible adult. Nope, all the fun isn't over thanks to online shoe shopping aka SATAN! These "Blues" would make me a happy camper any day of the week, especially since they are a deep Fall toned color!! At least I'll go back to being a responsible adult looking totally fabulous!! -I say that in my most annoying Valley Girl voice because that's how much these shoes excite me since they are only $30! :)

It hasn't sunk in my brain yet that Fall is pretty much upon us, probably because we're still at a high of 111 degrees in the Valley of the Sun and will be for at least another month. But these past couple of months have been eye opening and eventful learning experiences with many ups and downs, which I plan to move forward from while strutting these Blue beauties ;)

-Insert cliche quote about letting the storm pass to see the rainbow after or however it goes, blah blah blah

Ciao my lovelies!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment