Tuesday, August 23, 2011

THEY KNOW!

I don't know why, but I still get embarrassed when I have to go to the store to buy feminine products. I'm a grown ass twenty-five year old woman! Why am I still slightly embarrassed when I have to go down this aisle of products? Could this be from my early stages of womanhood and living with 4 men in the house, I've brainwashed myself to keep this topic taboo and feel embarrassed by it? Possibly, I guess I'm just still immature in many ways... Oh the joy of having 4 brothers!!

I think it's funny cause I only feel embarrassed when there are men around. For instance, I always think: "What if a smokin' hot guy walks by when I'm grabbing some? Then he'll KNOW it's that time of the month and want to stay as far away from me as possible!". If a smokin' hot woman was next to me she would only pitty me then direct me to the nearest aisle full of chocolate bars. And then there's a more horrible thought: "What if some guy I know or coworker walks by when I'm choosing some, then they'll know!!!" Well lucky for me, while strolling around Walmart on my lunch break, the deodorant aisle is right next to "I'm On My Rag" aisle and yup, I ran into a MALE coworker who was looking for deodorant! Embarrassing right!? Well that was the first thought, until I realized it was my gay coworker. Pheewwww!

I definitely blame this insecurity on growing up with the boys, but I'm hopeful that by the time I'm 30 I'll be over it. Plus, I guess the only other thing that could be more embarrassing for me than running into someone I know while buying feminine products, would be talking about it on the internet... Look how fast I'm maturing. Go me!

No comments:

Post a Comment