Thursday, December 8, 2011

Holla for a Dolla!

I love the dollar store. So much junk in there you never knew you needed until you see it's only a buck! Yesterday I hit two different dollar stores and have amusing stories about each of them.

Dolla Holla Mission 1: Christmas decorations for office
Since we are being forced to have some Holiday office cheer this year, I was instructed to go get cheap decorations to spiff up my lobby because having a tree wasn't enough. So a coworker and I hit Dollar Tree and the main thing I was in search for were a couple of boxes of cheap lights to hang around my desk. I see the lights they have and on the box it said 5.1ft so I figured two boxes would be plenty. When we return to the office, I unravel the lights only to find out I've been bamboozled. I asked my coworker how tall I look and she says about 5'4 to which I reply "Well apparently I must be as tall as Lamar Odom to the Dollar Tree". Cot damn lights are only about 3 feet long and there's 2 feet of just cord and to top it off, there's no damn connector at the end to hook up another set. These kinds of details should be specified!! I guess that's why they're only a dollar.

Dolla Holla Mission 2: Help my niece combine a Secret Santa gift for under $5
My Secret Santa niece needed some help on what to get her friend for under $5, so I told her we'd go to the dollar store and make a little basket of gifts. We picked out nail polishes, nail polish remover, cotton balls, and nail files and put them in a cute Christmas bucket, boom. 5 bucks. During our hunt, we stumbled upon the Dog section with food, treats, leashes and then... stripper dog clothes for small dogs. Seriously. There were cheetah prints, sparkles, glitter and SHEER shirts. Does a dog really need a sheer shirt with zebra print and sequins on it so you can see through it and think to yourself "That is one sexy little bitch"??? Actually, does anyone really need a shirt like that? The answer is no. So needless to say, my sister and I couldn't resist but to buy 2 of these outfits for her Chihuahuas (which are like my children) to help them stay warm in their doghouse. I know what you're thinking, and the answer is YES! Of course we did a family photo shoot!!
Happy Holidays!! Love Cocoa, Chapo & Gina




No comments:

Post a Comment