Friday, January 27, 2012

iObsessed

Yesterday Red & I were discussing how we've both been making attempts at not texting or messing with our phones while driving. She said she just started keeping her purse with her phone in her trunk so she wouldn't be tempted at all, and I told her I keep mine in my cup holder but usually don't respond to any notifications unless it's a phone call. Usually...
Well then she suggested that I keep mine in my trunk too for safe driving but my first thought was "Well what if I get rear ended? Then my phone is RUINED!" and she says "Yeah, because your car & your neck won't matter if you get rear ended, but your phone will be broke..."

Then I started telling her how I've been getting so annoyed with myself lately cause I feel like I can't go more than an hour without picking up my phone and start playing with it no matter what I'm doing. Like I just started watching the show Breaking Bad (I know, I'm late. Chata!) and I will be totally into it then just have this normal reaction to just pick up my phone and start playing WWF or check my Fb or Tumblr. Then I'm like what the frick am I doing, this isn't a rerun of King of Queens I've seen 12398 times, I'm missing what's going on!
It's ridiculous how I am addicted to my phone, like I am to Facebook. I need to stop this immediately and leave my phone in another room when watching a movie or show.

No comments:

Post a Comment