Thursday, January 26, 2012

No Matter How Far Wrong You've Gone, You Can Always Turn Around

So I came upon a friend's Facebook status that was quite inspirational to me and I felt the need to share it.
So today's lesson was this: I don't have to be happy with someone to help them. It is my responsibilty to help others. When I was driving home from my "errand" I wanted to cry - not because of anything bad but rather because I rememeber how many people helped me before I got sober (they didn't trust me) but they still helped me. So, is it not my responsibilty to pass that on to someone else? Of course it is. I am grateful to be sober and to have loving friends in my life and what I want these people to know is that there is Hope! That despite their best thinking and actions - there are people who care and who will help! I hope they get the message and I hope they get this deal. But today I get the message and I am willing!!! -K.W.

I have never struggled with a drug addiction myself or maybe you haven't, but I'm pretty sure we all know at least one person who is that is near to our hearts. I don't know what her "errand" was in this status, but this made me realize that we should never give up on those who are struggling with addictions. I personally know how it feels to be emotionally drained from someone who struggles with an addiction, and how you reach the point where you want to just give up on trying for them because you feel like they are not trying for themselves.
Don't do it, don't ever give up on them. It is our responsibility to love, support and believe in one another.

Over the last month, I've been through some experiences that made me realize we're only here for a certain amount of time. Use your time doing good for others and never stop believing that people cannot turn their lives around no matter how far they've gone down the wrong path.

Life can seem meaningless if we have no one to love us, so love those in need like there's no tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment