Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Speedy McCoffee aka Speedy Mc

No, I'm not offering a coffee delivery service. Although, that would seem like maybe a good way to make money... maybe not with gas prices.
ANYWAYS, back to my point!

After months of observation, my coworker "Red" & I have given a nickname to our other coworker who can usually be spotted in the break room getting coffee every hour or speed walking around the building / parking lot... Speedy McCoffe or Speedy Mc for short.
Because both Red's desk & my desk face windows that look out to the parking lot, we are lucky enough to see how often he is zipping around the building with a cup o coffee in his hand, which is why we deemed it appropriate to give him a nickname. Also, because after numerous conversations it was easier to identify him with a nickname rather than "Look there goes that guy speed walking again with his coffee!".

At first I thought it was just me who noticed this guy who spent probably half of his day between the break room and outside, when Red came up to me and asked me if he worked with us when seeing him walk by my desk. But since then, Speedy Mc has been quite an interesting topic for us to waste company time on.
At first, Red & I discussed when either of us would have a face to face encounter with Speedy Mc, we noticed he was not the most sociable individual. You would think after God knows how many cups of coffee, you wouldn't be able to shut him up after saying hello to him, but nope, not Speedy Mc. He will just look straight down and walk on as if you didn't even exist not even saying hello back to you.
We even started making bets on how many times he would do a lap around the perimeter in one day, then we would purposely talk to him in the break room to see who could get some kind of a response or words out of him.

Then one bright and sunny day, Speedy McCoffee actually started responding to us when we spoke to him, it was quite startling. Since then, things have been looking up for Speedy Mc. He's been getting his exercise in and started riding his bicycle to work (which means it could only be fate that we call him Speedy Mc) and we noticed he's even been dressing better which has (unbeknownst to him) earned him a new nickname....

wait for it....
Snazzy Speedy!

I know what you're thinking after this long rant, and it hit me yesterday that Red & I spend way too much time talking about this guy...

*Speedy is leavin' the building on his bicycle*

No comments:

Post a Comment