Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Change

I was thinking about my Deal Breakers post from the other day and realized that sometimes after your new manfriend has had enough of playing his Prince Charming role, he might show his true colors and start to act like one of those guys. Then what do you do? Leaving just can't be THAT easy!!! I mean, you've dated him for a whole month and a half and have invested WAY too much time & feelings!! So you're best option is to stick around and wait for him to change.

Sure relationships change people after time, they are supposed to and they're supposed to change both people for the better. But you don't go into a relationship with someone you don't really like expecting to change their personality to your liking. Would you buy a horse and expect it to turn into a freaking unicorn? No, cause it's a horse!
It's so sad to think that people stay in relationships in hopes to change the other person or just wait around for that person to change. Instead of just saying "Well I tried, and you tried, and it's apparently not working so let's go our separate ways", they choose to stick around and try to "fix" this person themselves. The worst part is that some women think this change that will be brought on by consistent nagging, measly threats and holding back the vagina. Which is obviously not going to make either partner in this relationship any happier. Or maybe they ignore it; they stay in complete denial that they are bothered with their partner's actions and act as if nothing is wrong and then they marry that person to live happily ever after.

A while ago I dated this guy who was cool to hangout with and had a dry sense of humor which I admire, but I noticed that his "dry humor" I once thought was silly and admirable, started turning into him just being an asshole. All the time. The night I had enough of it was when he picked a fight with me, accused me of being mad at him when I was definitely not, then when I told him I wasn't mad, he insisted I really was and after me saying "Well now I'm starting to get mad cause you're annoying me" he gave me the good old "Fuck you" and hungup on me. Yeah, this really happened! A 28 year old man told me "Fuck You" over absolutely nothing. Well that was definitely the deal breaker. Afterwards, I just thought to myself  "Ok, you want to go ahead and give me the 'Fuck You', well now that's definitely never happening and you can go ahead and fuck yourself'.
After about twenty something texts and God knows how many rejected calls later I finally agreed to speak to him. When I told him that it just wasn't going to work he gave me the whole "I know I can be harsh, but I'll change for you" speech and I just straight out told him "No thanks". I explained that I wasn't there to change him, and that "asshole" (I didn't use that term) was who he was and I wasn't going to deal with that because I didn't have to.

If you start dating someone and you find characteristics that you just really do not like about them, then move on to someone else. It is really that simple. There is no need to stick around and compromise your feelings. That's who they are, so leave and find someone who is more suitable for you. Why? Because you are a grown ass adult, now act like one. They will eventually find someone who likes them just the way they are, or more than likely they will realize no one likes those characteristics about them and change it themselves. The only change you can make, is your partner.

Change comes from within... not from someone else bugging the shit out of you.



No comments:

Post a Comment