Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Five Inches

Normally us ladies aren't gonna cry over 5 inches, right? But lately every time I search the Internet, all I see is five inches and I'm a little disappointed deep down inside...

Almost all of the cute shoes out there have five inch heels now...
Get your mind outta the gutter, perv.

I get it that us women all want to be a little taller and feel sexier in high heels, but what about the people who are challenged in the "Foot-Eye Coordination" department like myself? I am very clumsy and I will trip over absolutely nothing at any time... even when I'm not wearing shoes. I love wearing heels and buying the sky high ones, but I don't want ALL of my heels being sky high (and I most definitely do NOT want my feet looking like nasty ass VBeckham feet, barf). Those Blue pumps I recently purchased are 5 inches and I love them because they are blue and sky high which makes them unique and sexy. But now every time I'm doing research for my next shoe purchase, Ive noticed a trend with the 5 inches or more in lots of really cute heels. Now my Blue pumps are super comfy cause they have a nice thick platform and I've gotten used to walking in them, BUT while wearing them I have to be super conscious about every single move I make and examine the floor ahead of me to make sure I have a clear walking path. This past weekend I made the mistake of not caring about the big rocks on the sidewalk outside of my house and of course fell. Thank God I wasn't in public yet! I'm just saying it's nice to be comfortable enough in heels that are semi-high like 4 inch, but you don't have to super conscious walking around in.

Another reason why I don't like this new sky high trend is cause I want to be able to wear my heels to work too, not just while I'm being a diva everywhere else. And for some reason I feel like maybe 5 inch heels are not super appropriate for the office. Anyone else feel me here? I've seen some super cute Mary Jane heels that I fell in love with and wanted to buy for work, but I feel like if I were to wear them to work, some of my executive coworkers (who are mostly Mormon) might think I've turned trick.

Can anyone recommend any stores/websites with cute but not so sky high heels? Secrets don't make friends now ladies!!

No comments:

Post a Comment