Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Tia Gina

Day 3 of no Facebook: not too bad, I've only wanted to navigate there twice today. Yesterday was ridic, I almost quit on quitting!

Now back to my post.
Today I came across this super cute article about the founder of SavvyAunt.com who is a married woman and has decided her life is complete without children because she has enough nieces and nephews to fill that void of children. I was instantly intrigued in what this woman has to say because I don't have any children and I'm not interested in any at the moment because I also have plenty of nieces and nephews to borrow then return when I'm ready to go back to "me time". Although I can relate a lot about what the founder is going through not having or wanting children because she is an Aunt, I have to say that right now I'm not ready for kids but I'm not sure about not having children at all. I would love to have my own asshole children someday when I'm ready for it... Or at least married, because being single and not even dating anyone special at the moment doesn't seem like having a child would make my life anymore special.

I love it when people come to one of my family gatherings and are in complete shock of all the children running around then they turn to me and say "When are you going to have kids?". I swear my Sister has a 6th sense for when I get asked this question because without a second to waste she instantly yells "Never! She can take one of mine". My initial thought to this question is 'Does this family really need more children running around?' then 'I'm not even married you jackoff!' then 'Well I'm half way to 50 and it's clear that no one even wants to marry me, where's the fucking ice cream!?' and then I'm the one full of rage breaking the piƱata. Ok that last part I made up, but you get the gist.

For the time being, my heart is complete with all of the blessings I call nieces & nephews. I love how they get excited to see me every time I come around -probably because they always tell me that I'm like a big kid 'cause I'm always willing to do goofy things with them. I also love it that they confide in me for things they aren't so sure in telling their parents about 'cause they don't want to get whooped and they know I'm going to let it slide. The best part of it all is that I can enjoy the company of children as long as I want then when I'm over it, I go back to my "world" of selfishness and negligence. I'm sure when it's my time to have children or if I ever do, I will be fine... as long as I can learn to not to refer to them as assholes. I've had oodles and oodles of experience with kids and I learned CPR off YouTube so we should be golden ;)
"Here's the truth about aunthood. Unlike parents, aunts have no legal obligations. Aunthood is a gift. It's a gift to the children who never suffer from too much love. It's a gift to today's overburdened parents who can always use more hands and hearts when it comes to their kids. And it's a gift to us because it is one of the wonderful things that fills our lives with joy, love and purpose." -Melanie Notkin

No comments:

Post a Comment