Thursday, September 1, 2011

Yeah! Uh huh! You Know What It Izz...

These shoes from Payless: Payless.com
They are the bizz!!

So I have some glorious news to share my dears! It is associated with my previous post Summer Blues about the blue pumps that I couldn't stop thinking/drooling about. Well I purchased them! Yay me!! But that isn't all the gloriousness of my news! I got the blue AND the nude pumps for $35. Not $35 each either...
Thirty.
Five.
Dollars.
For.
BOTH PAIRS.
EEEEEEEEE! It still cheeses me thinking about it!! They are originally $35 for each pair, I got extremely lucky and it's very possible that you could be just as lucky yourself!

Ok so here's the story... Last week I was staring at the shoes again online, dreaming up each and every possible outfit in my closet that would match with the blue pumps so I could justify me purchasing them. I mean, if they go with at least one outfit then I gotta have 'em, right? Well it just so happened that Payless had just started their BOGO (Buy One Get One half off) sale last week too. So I'm thinking if they have my size in the blue at the nearest store by my work, then maybe I'll get another pair of cheaper shoes for half off. I vowed to myself that if the nearest store didn't have my size 8.5 then it wasn't meant to be and I don't need the shoes.

So I nervously call and *queue angelic voices singing* they had my size!! So I asked the cashier to hold them for me that I planned to go during my lunch break to spend next weeks lunch money on my new smokin' hot shoes. Well I don't know if any of you have heard of the genius search engine on the Internet known as Google, but we're best friends. YUP! I use Google for EVERYTHING and yes that includes searching "Payless coupons". Well I found a coupon I was able to print out for 15% off my purchase, which means if they had the black or nude pumps in my size there too, they would only be like $12. SCORE!

When I get to the store and strut around in the shoes I have a giant grin on my face and it's confirmed... I'm getting 'em! So of course being a sales associate, she reminds me of the BOGO sale and tries to find my size in the nude or the black colors. She is unsuccessful, there are neither of each color in my size so I think to myself "Ok, just get the blues, use the coupon, run and don't look back". Well she went behind my back when I was checking out other shoes and called the other store not too far away and they had the nude pumps in my size. She tells me she put them on hold for me and that I would still be able to get them half off PLUS an extra $4 off for having to travel to a different store for my size. This woman is good and I am instantly beginning to have a love/hate relationship with her. I thank her and think to myself, "$8 pumps... Do you have the extra $8? HELL YES! When will I ever find another pair of these shoes for EIGHT dollars?! Maybe I am just having an adrenaline rush and shouldn't be spending any more money that I don't really have!?? Maybe I should go back to work and think about it..."

So I go back to work after buying the blue pumps and think long and hard... for 2 minutes. Eight dollars is nothing for a pair of super cute pumps. I get to the other store after work and when the clerk hands me the box there is a sticky note on the shoes that says "Take extra discount off $4 for scratch". My heart sinks and
I scan the shoes for a scratch. Of course there would be a damn scratch, I knew this was too good to be true!! Well I finally see a small smudge after staring at the shoes for a good minute. You can barely freakin' see it so I try 'em on and strut around the store. Confirmed again, they're comin' with! I get to the cashier and give her the receipt for the other pair and my coupon. I anxiously watch the price of the shoes go from:
$35.99 to $30.99.
Then to $15.99
Then to $10.99
6 something
5 something
It is like a Lil' John and The East Side Boyz song in my head at this point. I'm bout to Dougie on the counter top when she tells me "Ok you're total is $1.58" I almost screamed outloud but I remembered the older couple behind me and didn't want to cause a heart attack or look like a crazy shoe girl! I confirmed with her "As in, ONE dollar and fifty eight cents?" and she replies "Wow... yes it is".

I totally screamed when I got in my car and immediately called Daria to tell her all about it and she said "It's like God wanted you to have these shoes".
Oh yes He did.

No comments:

Post a Comment